Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Week at a Time: Jan 29 - Feb 4, 2011

Hello Readers! I'll go ahead and apologize for my lack of posting over the past couple weeks. The week depicted below in pictures was a little blah, for lack of a better word. You'll see that most of the pictures were taken in or around the house. I just didn't get out much, although I did enjoy spending time cooking, reading, and scrapbooking. Sometimes it's nice when the weather is gray and cloudy; it actually encourages me to take a little time to do the things I like around the house. You'll notice that the last picture is a bit of a contrast to the rest. Taken in Paris, this picture represents the beginning of our 5 day visit to Paris, France, where we visited family and took in many, many sites. Over the next few days, I'll not only be updating you with the pictures from the week of Feb 5th, but also with a detailed account of our trip. For now, I'll leave you with the pictures from Jan 29 - Feb 4th.

In this first picture, I waited until late in the day to take a picture since I didn't bring my camera on our shopping outing. I loved how the pizza I cooked turned out, so I decided this was a good opportunity for a photo.

Jan 29 - Pizza Night


On Sunday, we stuck around the house for the most part. Mr. Traveler did go for a run, though, and I took this picture of him when he came back and collapsed on the couch. (Don't worry, he did say it was okay to use this picture of him.)

Jan 30 - Worn Out

Monday, I took a walk around the block in hopes of getting some good photo material. I settled for this street pole sign.

Jan 31 - "30 Dank U"

On Tuesday, I once again waited to capture a picture until dinner time, and came up with this photo of our Dutch oven in our oven.

Feb 1 - Dutch Oven in the Dutch Oven

Wednesday, I spent some time cleaning and rearranging around the house. During this process, I gathered up the books that I have finished since arriving in the Netherlands and decided to snap a shot of them to document my travels though literature.

Feb 2 - Books

Thursday, it was time to pack and get ready for our trip. I still made it out for a little walk, though, and took a picture of the fence surrounding a little neighborhood near us.

Feb 3 - Forbidden Zone

Finally, on Friday, we headed to Paris. I took this picture of Mr. Traveler's cousin and his little girl at the Arc du Triomphe after we had lunch.

Jan 4 - Jump!

We had an absolutely amazing time in Paris, and I'll be sharing the details very soon! Thanks for sticking with me, even if I've been a little slow on posts as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog