Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A week at a Time: Feb 26 - Mar 4, 2011

On Saturday, we had lunch at a bakery/cafe down the street and later attended the midday organ concert at the Domkerk. It was quite chilly, even inside the church; that, coupled with the uncomfortable folding chairs and not so exciting pipe organ music made for a long hour. The organist was extremely talented, but listening to a single instrument for that long is a little bit too much for me. When we got home, I warmed up with a cup of tea.
Feb 26 - Cup of Tea

Sunday, it rained nearly all day. This little (well actually relatively round) kitty kept begging to come inside. As the cat meowed, I took pictures. I don't think he was too happy with this arrangement, as he was soaking wet and cold and I was nice and warm just a few feet away.
Feb 27 - I Want Inside
Monday, the rain stopped, but the clouds hung around. So did our little friend from the day before. As I walked to deliver mail that had been dropped in our box by mistake (the street names start with the same letter and are in the same post code), I passed the kitty sitting on this scooter. I almost felt like he was glaring at me, perhaps holding a grudge from Sunday.

Feb 28 - At Least I Found Somewhere Soft to Sit
Tuesday, I headed to Amsterdam to play the Sloterpark Disc Golf Course. I've already shared this experience in an entry from last week.
Mar 1 - Sloterpark
As I rode the train home from the Amsterdam, I got an invite from a friend to play the local disc golf course the following day. On Wednesday, I trekked across town (this time with no bike problems or rain) to the course. We played a putting game called Ronkonkkoma and then a round of 18, piecing together holes on the Prinses Amalia course. I had a great time and forgot to even get out my camera while we were playing. Instead, I snapped this picture of some wall art on the way home.
Mar 2 - Wall Art
Thursday, I was beginning to feel a sore after 2 straight days of disc golf. I know, it sounds a little pathetic, but I haven't been playing that often, and I don't use the same muscles in my everyday life. I took it easy, but did meander out to run some errands. I liked the lighting as I was coming home, but this building does nothing to show it off. Later in the evening, Mr. Traveler and I joined a Meetup group for a monthly pub night. It was interesting because we got to mingle with English speakers from all over the world (Holland, U.S., Portugal, France, Bulgaria, and Canada just to name a few places from which the attendees hailed).
Mar 3 - Pretty in Pink?
Finally, Friday I got ready for the tournament (laid out my discs, towels, a snack, etc) and did a little bit of cleaning. We also started working on our taxes. I took my camera with me to run to the store, and snapped this shot on the way back. This snowman looks like he may have been forgotten when the Christmas decorations were put away.
Mar 4 - Forgotten Decoration
It's interesting how my interest in taking pictures fluctuates between the weeks. Sometimes I have dozens of photographs from which to choose. Other weeks (like this one), I snap only one or two pictures each day and am stuck with what I have (ex. the sad snowman). Of course, with 365 total pictures, there are bound to be a few less interesting ones.

2 comments:

  1. So the kitty trying to get in was not yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. We have several cats that meow at our window, none of which belong to us. Our only pets are 2 dogs who had to stay in the States.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog