Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Week at a Time: April 16-22, 2011

I began last week by wrapping up the visit with my in-laws. Since I've already discussed their visit in a previous entry, I'll once again try to keep the repetition to a minimum. The entire week was characterized by beautiful, sunny weather, which I absolutely loved (and am still enjoying). I just checked the forecast for the rest of this current week, and it looks like a little bit of a cold front will be hitting us soon. I guess the record highs can't last forever, but at least I feel like I've made the most of them by spending plenty of time outside.

On Saturday, after watching Mr. Traveler's baseball game with his parents, we walked past a little pond where a mama duck was trying hard to keep her babies safe. She hid them in the underbrush along the side of the pond as we approached, but as we got even closer, she changed plans and headed for the center of the water. In the following picture, I captured the babies trying to stay as close as possible as they made their escape.
Apr 16 - Not So Ugly Ducklings
On Monday, we went in to Amsterdam, visited the Rijksmuseum, and took a canal cruise. I took this picture midway through the day in Dam Square.
Apr 17 - Pigeons
On Monday, at the botanical gardens with the in-laws, I snapped this shot looking up through the trees. I loved the patterns the tree seemed to make in the twists and turns of its branches.
Apr 18 - Patterns
On Tuesday morning, I dropped my in-laws off at Schiphol airport and did a little window shopping at the mall. After dinner, Mr. Traveler and I went for a walk to Wilhelmina Park. Many groups of family and friends were scattered through the park, enjoying barbecues, games of football, and bottles of wine. It was just such a beautiful sight, seeing so many happy people out and appreciating the weather.
Apr 19 - Spring Time
I spent most of the day on Wednesday catching up on my online reading and journaling about the events of the past week. I also ran to the grocery store and picked up ingredients to make a roasted vegetable salad with goat cheese before Mr. Traveler headed off to baseball practice. A few months back, I took a picture of a car with a crocodile/alligator on the side. Although I didn't walk around to verify, I assume that the photo below shows the other side of the same vehicle.
Apr 20 - Other Side
On Thursday, I spent the afternoon in the park, reading and soaking up the sun (lathered in sunscreen, of course). Laying on a blanket in the grass, I realized how much one's perspective changes so close to the ground, and I took this picture of my side view.
Apr 21 - Grass
Friday, Mr. Traveler had the day off for Easter Friday, so we took advantage of the holiday and headed to Alkmaar to the cheese festival. I've already discussed the event, but here is a picture I didn't share yet of the grounds of the cheese market post event (when the tables and chairs had already been pulled out for lunch).
Apr 22 - After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog