Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Week at a Time: April 2-8, 2011

I'm still playing catch up on my Week at a Time entries but hope to have you all caught up soon. I also still owe you an entry on the Dutch Open. I'm hoping to get caught up soon, but with company coming in tomorrow, I won't make any promises.

Anyway, on Saturday (April 2), pretty much my entire day was spent in Bergschenhoek at the Dutch Open. I took the following picture on hole 17. I started on the same hole each of my 3 rounds of the tournament.
Apr 2 - Dutch Open
Sunday, I once again spent much of my day at the disc golf tournament. I took this next picture at the start of the final round. The woman pictured (Lydie H from Norway) ended up winning the tournament. Later in the evening, Mr. Traveler and I went out for dinner as my brother and sister-in-law were still sightseeing in The Hague and I was too worn out to cook.
Apr 3 - Dutch Open Women's Champion
The Monday after a two day tournament, I typically spend the majority of the day resting and recuperating. With only one full day left to spend with our company, though, there was no time for rest. We rode out to the pancake house and enjoyed our brunch on the patio.
Apr 4 - Pancakes!
Tuesday was an interesting day for public transportation. Before it was time for me to take our visitors to the train station, Mr. Traveler left for work and then returned home since his train wasn't running. On our way to the train station, the card readers on the bus weren't working, so we ended up getting to ride for free. Then, when we got to the train station, the next train to Schiphol was cancelled (a different issue from Mr. Traveler's commuter train). It all turned out okay, though; Mr. Traveler worked from home and my brother and his wife got on the next train and made it to the airport in time for their flight. I spent the rest of the day catching up on my rest and on the laundry. We finished the day with one of my favorite (and easiest) things to cook -- pizza.
Apr 5 - Fresh Ingredients
On Wednesday, I woke up with a scratchy throat and a sinus headache. I was determined to not let it keep me from getting out, though, so I took a decongestant and headed to IKEA in search of a rug for our living room. After having visitors, we decided to rearrange our living room slightly and decided a rug was a needed addition. I found a nice blue rug on sale, which can be seen in the picture below.
Apr 6 - The Cast of the Carpet
On Thursday, I was already feeling a little bit better, but decided to take it easy and spend the day around the house. I sent out a list of possible activities to our visitors and caught up on some emails. I also started researching flights for the cruise we are taking this summer and cooked some chicken tortilla soup.
Apr 7 - Tortilla Soup
Friday, I woke up feeling great without a hint of the sore throat that I'd had on Wednesday. It was a good thing, too, because I had signed up for the monthly IWCU walk. It ended up just being me and the organizer, but we had a great time. I think we walked for almost 4 hours with only a short break to eat our packed lunches. We left from Amerongen and walked through the forest. I took the following picture of the town just at the start of our walk.
Apr 8 - Amerongen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog