Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Week at a Time: Mar 26 - Apr 1, 2011

It's now April 10th, so I'm a little behind on updating the Week at a Time posts. It seems like time is just flying by now that the weather is warmer, and I don't feel stuck inside.

Saturday (the 26th), I went to Mr. Traveler's baseball tournament. The weather has been great lately, but unfortunately the game fell on the one completely cold and cloudy day. I just stayed for one game and then made my way home and made myself a hot cup of tea. I took the following picture at the game; it's not that great, but my fingers were too cold to care about getting a better shot.
Mar 26 - Honkbal in the Cold
Sunday, Mr. Traveler and I went to the botanical gardens at Utrecht University, and showed up right on time for the bird show we didn't know was happening. Later that evening, we used a Groupon I bought a month or so ago for dinner at Kimono, a Japanese restaurant in Utrecht. The dinner consisted of several courses cooked on the table in front of us. Kimonos were provided to keep everyone's clothes clean. Even though we were seated at the table with several strangers, it was a fun night out.
Mar 27 - What a Hoot
On Monday, it was time to start getting ready for our first round of company. I ran to the store to buy a few essentials and forgot to take a picture until the day was nearly over. Luckily, I have plenty of books to provide material for a last minute picture. (If it were up to me, and money was not a consideration, I would definitely have a giant library in my house.)
Mar 28 - Bookshelf
Tuesday, the day before our company arrived, I finished up some laundry and cleaning. The trees outside our window were still flowering, though, and I couldn't resist leaning out of the window to admire them and snap this picture. It's kind of hard to tell in this size of the picture, but two of our neighborhood cats managed to make an appearance in the photo.
Mar 29 - Cherry Blossom
On Wednesday, it was time for my brother and his wife to arrive. I've already posted about their visit in another entry, so I'll keep the following descriptions more brief. The picture below was taken on our walk through the Domkerk on their tour of Utrecht.
Mar 30 - Glimpse of the Organ
On Thursday, while our visitors were out touring Amsterdam, I took this picture of another type of red light district: the one on our oven.
Mar 31 - Red Light
Friday, during our trip to Delft, I snapped several pictures. The one below depicts some unfinished tulip vases, a popular item in the Royal Delft product line.
Apr 1 - Tulip Vases

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog