Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Week at a Time: April 30 - May 6, 2011

We've had quite a bit of company in the last few weeks, so I've fallen a bit behind on updating you. I'm going to try to make this week's entry short and sweet, as I'll be recapping many of the week's events when I tell you about our fourth set of visitors.

Saturday was Queen's Day, and I snapped this picture from the La Place cafe in the V&D in Utrecht. The flags on top of the Dom Tower were flying in honor of the holiday.
Apr 30 - Queen's Day Flags
Sunday, at Mr. Traveler's baseball game, I snapped this picture while I chatted with our company and tried unsuccessfully to follow the game. (There is no scoreboard, which makes it a little difficult.)
May 1 - Almost Dandelions
Monday, I ran to the store to pick up a few necessities (bread, milk, and cheese) and was greeted by this little pup. His owner had run into the store and left him tied in the front. He looked very anxious for his mommy to return.
May 2 - Where is My Mom?
Tuesday, I took some time out for myself and went to Wilhelmina Park to snap some photos of the baby ducks in the park. I managed to find three separate sets of ducklings, but the following picture was my favorite of the day.
May 3 - Baby Duck in the Spotlight
Wednesday, I climbed the Dom Tower with our visitors, and although it was quite an exhausting climb, the views were definitely worth it. Here is one of the many landscape photos I took from the tower:
May 4 - Over the Oudegracht
Thursday, we cycled out to Kasteel de Haar, pictured below:
May 5 - Kasteel de Haar
And finally, on Friday, I took this picture from a spot I pass several times a week. Sometimes I'm so busy taking pictures of interesting things that I forget I need some photos to remind me of my everyday surroundings.
May 6 - Familiar Sites
As I mentioned at the beginning, I kept this post short as I will be updating you soon with details of how we entertained our friends who visited during the week of April 30th. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog