Monday, May 30, 2011

A Week at a Time: May 14-20, 2011

Saturday, May 14, (just a little over 2 weeks ago now) was the last full day of my parents' visit to Utrecht. As you may remember from my post here, we took it relatively easy that day with a trip to the local botanical gardens. I took the following picture in one of the greenhouses:
May 14 - Curlicues
Sunday, I dropped off Mom and Dad at the airport. Originally, I thought about attending Mr. Traveler's baseball game, but the weather was too windy and cloudy (besides, it was nice to have a little time to myself). After several weeks of our visitors pointing out the smoking giraffe on the side of our local tobacco shot, I decided he'd make a good picture of the day.
May 15 - Smoking Giraffe
On Monday, I considered skipping the monthly IWCU coffee morning at the V&D and taking some more time for myself, but something told me it was important to get back into a routine. As always, I was glad that I went and enjoyed chatting with the other ladies. However, I did get to the place a little early and had to wait until the store opened:
May 16 - Time to Open
Tuesday, I started catching up on some of the errands and chores around the house. First up was taking out the trash. In the process, I found two snails crawling up the side of the trash bag (in our garden area).
May 17 - A Pair of Snails
Wednesday, I met a friend for a museum trip to Amersfoort. We visited the Flehite Museum, which was currently hosting an special exhibit called Nachtlicht (night light). The paintings in the exhibit demonstrated how gas and electric light influenced Dutch art between 1880 and 1940. I actually liked many of the paintings in this exhibit more than Dutch art from other time periods.

My picture for the day was taken on our walk near the old city entrance of the city. Since I had already taken several pictures of that area during my previous walk around Amersfoort, I selected a photo of something different for the day, a train which appeared to be responsible for testing (?) the track.

May 18 - Testing the Track
Thursday, the weather was a little blah. All I wanted to do was sleep, but I knew I needed to get out of the house. I took a walk down to Wilhelmina Park, where I snapped the following picture of a lonely stuffed animal, which had presumably been left by a young visitor.
May 19 - Lonely Bear
Friday, I spent a lot of time catching up on journaling and blogging about Mom and Dad's visit. By the time dinner rolled around, I hadn't taken a picture yet, and opted for this shot of one of our dinner ingredients:
May 20 - Cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog