Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Week at a Time: May 21-27, 2011

As I sat down to write this week's review, I realized that while I could remember parts of each day, much of the week was lost to me. What did I do on Tuesday morning? How about on Thursday afternoon? After a few minutes of reflection, I realized this was because this week (and the week before) strongly contrasted with the weeks of company, where I felt like I was going non-stop. I had time to sit and read, watch t.v., surf the internet, work out, and catch up (well almost) on laundry. Even though these moments were not particularly memorable, they did make for a fairly relaxing week.

The week did start out with an exciting trip to Madurodam and the beach, which I've already told you about in a previous entry. I enjoyed spending the day with Mr. Traveler, just the two of us. At our first stop, Madurodam, I took this picture of a bird walking through a miniature soccer game:
May 21 - Attack of the Giant Bird
On Sunday, I went to Mr. Traveler's baseball game (although he didn't even notice I was there!) After we got home, we walked to the Neude, where a giant structure had been erected as part of the Festival a/d Werf. Visitors could walk on top of the structure, watch the concert, have a drink at the bar, or eat at the temporary restaurant. We quickly walked up and around the structure before heading home for a quiet evening.
May 22 - Festival a/d Werf
Monday was one of those days where I caught up on a little "me time". In the evening, as I got out the ingredients for our pizza, I noticed the basil leaves were quite a bit larger than normal, so I took a picture with my wedding ring for scale.
May 23 - Bigger Than Your Average Basil
On Tuesday night, I had my monthly meeting with my Bookworms group in Hilversum. On the way, I snapped the picture below of a tile sign from an old dairy (if my translation is correct).
May 24 - Old Tiles
Wednesday, I headed to the center of town to window shop and run some errands. I took the following picture just to make sure I had something to post for the day. Looking at it later, I realized how immune I've become to the amazing site of bicycles everywhere. I'm definitely going to miss the bicycle culture when we go back to the States.
May 25 - More Bikes
Thursday, I had a doctor's appointment to get a prescription refilled. I was a little nervous because I didn't really know what to expect. There was no reason to be worried, though, because I was in and out of the doctor's office with my prescription in less than 5 minutes. Later in the day, I took my camera out to our garden area to take some pictures of the flowers. This spider caught my eye, though, and I liked how his portrait turned out much more than I liked the flower photos.
May 26 - Life in the Garden
On Friday, as I headed to the gym, I noticed that one of the neighborhood cats had taken up residence in the flowerbed. He looked a little annoyed that I had woken him up, but afterwards tried to sneak inside, so I guess he wasn't too angry with me.
You Woke Me Up!
So, I guess that wraps up my not-so-exciting, but nice and normal week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog