Friday, August 12, 2011

Inside Our Dutch House: A Look At Our Street

Now that you've seen our whole house (our kitchen, our living room, our bathrooms and stairs, our bedroom, and our garden), I thought it would be nice to give you a little context. Previously I didn't share too much about our street for privacy reasons, but since we are moving out today, I think it's time for you to see our neighborhood.

Our house is located in the neighborhood of Oudwijk (literally, "Old Quarter") in eastern Utrecht.


The neighborhood is pretty quiet and I love our proximity to Wilhelmina Park. I'm definitely going to miss the lush green park and the old buildings when we move back. Our street, Beekstraat, is short and located in the middle of a residential area. We are only a two minute walk from the grocery store and many specialty shops, and yet our street feels relatively secluded. Of course, I'm sure you'd prefer to look at photos rather than listen to my descriptions.

Here is our street:
Beekstraat
It was really pretty when the flowers were in bloom:
Beekstraat (taken from our window)
Around the corner, there is a cute playground. It gets much more use now that it's not snow covered.
Playground
Here is the bump I trip over at least every other trip down our street:
Bump!
And finally, here is our house (at least until we turn in the keys):
Beekstraat 17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog