Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Week at a Time: July 23-29, 2011

Last week started with our weekend trip to Maastricht, which you can read about here.
July 23 - Maastricht
On Sunday, I took this picture, before heading back to Utrecht.
July 24 - Grasshopper
Monday, I didn't venture out too far, but I did go for a jog and made homemade enchiladas for dinner.
July 25 - Enchiladas
Tuesday, I felt super lazy, but I forced myself to venture downtown in the afternoon. On the way, I took a slightly different route than normal and passed by Sint Willibrordkerk. I'd been wanting to go in the church for a while after hearing how beautiful it was inside, but I'd never caught it open. I ducked in for an unplanned visit.
July 26 - Sint Willibrordkerk
Wednesday, I baked a cake for Mr. Traveler to take to work for his birthday. Later in the day, I headed over to Leidsche Rijn and squeezed in a bit of disc golf. I took this picture of the ducks on my way to the disc golf course.
July 27 - In a Row
On Thursday, I wondered around town trying to pick a gift for Mr. Traveler's birthday. I ended up with some silly books and stickers. It probably wasn't the most exciting gift, but it was at least something to open. While I was out, I took this picture of a woman I've seen several times around Utrecht (now that I'm writing that, I realize it sounds a little creepy... I promise I'm not a stalker).
July 28 - Kinki
Finally, we ended the week with Mr. Traveler's birthday. He worked from home during the day, and we walked over to the wine shop so he could pick out a special birthday wine. I made reservations for the restaurant in Wilhelmina Park, and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner with wonderful service. Later in the evening, Mr. Traveler opened his cards and presents while we enjoyed his birthday wine. I hung these balloons up as a birthday decoration.
July 29 - Hoera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog