Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Week at a Time: July 16-22, 2011

On Saturday, we took the train into Tilburg to meet up with Mr. Traveler's friend and her husband. They picked us up at the train station and brought us back to their house, where we chatted over delicious cheese and wine. Later in the evening, we took the bus back into town and had an amazing dinner at their favorite restaurant in Tilburg.
July 19 - Tilburg
Sunday, we ventured out for lunch and found that a huge market was set up on the main street by our place (Nachtegaalstraat or Burgemeester Reigerstraat... most streets here seem to have two, three, or more names; this one actually has several.) In the picture below, you can see one of the book vendors. Notice the tarp at the top of the picture, ready to cover the books in case of rain.

Later, Mr. Traveler and I saw The Hangover, Part II, which was actually quite a bit better than I thought it was going to be.
July 17 - Boeken
Monday was a stay inside and read kind of day, cloudy with rain. One of our neighbors cats took refuge on our windowsill and patiently sat as I snapped a few pictures.
July 18 - Whiskers
On Tuesday, I ventured over to the Museum Maluku, which I wrote about here.
July 19 - Museum Maluku
Wednesday, I tried to check some items off of my to-do list, which called for a trip to the mailbox to drop off a few letters.
July 20 - TNT Post
Thursday, I made a chicken and caramelized onion pizza for dinner. It seems like my default end of the day picture always consists of some sort of food or cooking.
July 21 - Carmelizing
On Friday, I ran out to grab some duct tape and came home with some pretty delicious arugula pasta with capers, onions, olives, and cheese from one of the many delicatessen's near us (Tutti a Tavola). I took the following picture on my short walk, and considered whether the storm clouds would bring rain before I could get back home.
July 22 - Storm on the Tracks
(Note: This post is part of my year long "A Week at a Time" series, where I document my participation in the 365 Project.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog