Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Week at a Time: July 2-8, 2011

Last week was pretty uneventful. We did make it into Amsterdam for the Sunday Market, but other than that I stuck around Utrecht.

Saturday, I spotted this unusual flower on a walk. If you know what type it is, feel free to let me know.
July 2 - Funny Flowers
Sunday, we made the trip into Amsterdam to check out the Sunday Market. I'd been the previous month, but this time I dragged Mr. Traveler along. We enjoyed trying to fresh squeezed orange and apple juice (squeezed right in front of us), tasting the almost-authentic barbecue (I had the pulled pork), and ended up taking home some cherries.

On the way to the market, we passed through Westerpark, where I took the following picture of a dog cooling off in a puddle.
July 3 - Dog in a Puddle on a Path
While our friends back in the States enjoyed cookouts, pool parties, and fireworks in honor of Independence Day, we spent the 4th walking around Utrecht and snapping photos. I took the picture below at the Rosarium across from Wilhelmina Park.
July 4 - Overarching
Tuesday, I can't really remember what I did, so I'm assuming my day consisted mostly of reading and updating photos and blog entries (catching up from our vacation seemed to take forever). I took the following picture in our garden, where our vines have decided to focus their growth upwards. It looks like they are almost ready for another trim.
July 5 - Growing Up
Wednesday, I spent the majority of the day on the computer, but did venture out to buy some ingredients to put together the ratatouille dish below. I thought it turned out pretty nice, both visually and taste wise. I even jotted down my recipe (inspired by various recipes for the same dish) so I can make it again.
July 6 - Ratatouille Knockoff
On Thursday, Mr. Traveler and I took a walk to buy bread at the bakery and pick up a few groceries. I knew I needed to take a photo, so I snapped one of a bin of sale shoes on the sidewalk. Even though the prices on the sales tickets below aren't really an indication, the store carries ridiculously high priced designer shoes for babies and kids.
July 7 - Shoes for Sale
Friday, I spotted the following sight on the edge of Wilhelmina Park. Seeing bikes at the bottom of canals is actually pretty common, as unlocked bikes are frequently thrown into the water by unruly teenagers or other miscreants. It's a good reminder to lock up your bike anytime you leave it unattended, unless of course, you are looking for a convenient way to dispose of the bike. Then, you can leave it unlocked and see what happens.
July 8 - In the Canals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog