Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Week at a Time: July 9-15, 2011

Mr. Traveler had to work a little from home on Saturday, so I pretty much spent the day lazing around the house. In the middle of the day, I snapped the following photo of one of the damp chairs outside, thinking I'd probably take another photo later in the day. I never got around to it, however, so I was left with a not-so-exciting Saturday photo.
July 9 - Damp
Sunday, Mr. Traveler spent the majority of the day traveling to/from and playing in a baseball game, so I had the house to myself. I took advantage of the time to clean the house and get ready for our company. I was feeling a little cooped up, so I stretched my trip to the recycling bins into a longer walk, wandering through Wilhelmina Park. I brought along my camera and took a few pictures, including the one below of a bicycle path sign.
July 10 - Path
By Monday the place was completely ready for company, and I made mental plans to head over to the Maluku museum in the afternoon. Luckily I checked the hours before leaving because I had forgotten most of the museums are not open on Mondays. I have yet to visit the museum, but will probably try again later this week.

Instead, I spent much of the day reading and took a few pictures of our clean-ish house since I still need to finish the Inside Our Dutch House series I started in January. With less than a month before we return home, I should be wrapping up the series soon.

July 11 - Simple Living
Tuesday, as I've already mentioned, I went to pick up my friends E and B from Eindhoven Airport. On our walk through Utrecht, I took the following picture in the Domkerk courtyard.
July 12 - Summer in the Courtyard
Wednesday, I snapped a picture of our waffle lunch, as E, B, and I explored Amsterdam.
July 13 - Delicious
Thursday brought a second straight day of non-stop rain. After dropping off E and B at the train station, I returned home for a nap. I didn't wake up until around 11, which left me a little groggy for the rest of the day. Besides taking a picture of my rain boots, I did venture out to grab ingredients to make a Zuppa Toscana copycat recipe. Yum.
July 14 - Rainy Day Attire
On Friday, the sun was shining and I took advantage by walking down to the Maliebaanfestival, a carnival happening just around the corner from our place. (We could actually hear the music from the bands from our house.) I snapped the picture below using a fish eye lens, which I thought gave a nice carnival atmosphere to the shot. Afterward, I walked back through the park, sitting on a park bench for a while to watch the dogs pass by.
July 15 - Maliebaan Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog